For newcomer artists one of the biggest struggles right now is to find right place “underneath the Sun” for their tracks. Today, as dance music is becoming more and more popular, shortly, there is a whole sea of recording labels with epic, or even decent marketing department, with great releases and taste in music, great team of people ready to push your track and give everything in their power to help you and your music get recognized, even if you are not well connected with the people in the scene, only thing this labels are focused on is your music.
For us (RADIOLOGY), also one of the biggest strugles was to get connected and to get to know right people on the scene. Many people we were talking to in past were telling us that the biggest struggle is to meet the right people, no matter if your music is big or greatly produced, if you don’t know the right people you will get never heard of. Fortunately, we proved that claim wrong. With the right (professional) approach and big demo tracks, this recording labels will gladly open their doors for you. We will demonstrate with an example how to approach big labels in the right way. Also if you want to know more about how to get signed by big EDM labels, check out our last post about that subject here.
Let’s quickly jump to the list before we show you example how to approach to composition of email.
- Sublabel of Spinnin’ Records, “child” of one and only KSHMR. One of the biggest names in the industry, one of the best producers out there, willing to help everybody, with his tutorials, time for feedback and open-minded ideas. And the best thing is that the whole Dharma team is perfect and of the same opinion and philosophy. They took us and our “weird” tracks, apart from melodic progressive we are producing and gave us a chance, which resulted as big success. Definitely #1 label for newcomers to hit and try to reach. Also, definitely the best open-minded team of perfectionist people to work with on the scene.
- One of the biggest and fastest growing Dutch record label established by Hardwell on 2010. They mainly focus on big room, progressive house and electro house. The label came across really nice idea of dividing main releases, and so-called “community releases”. For newcomers, this is definitely one of the best chances out there right now. And just to mention: they have new policy of receiving demos through their website system. You can send demos to Revealed via their platform on their website.
- Big boss Tiesto’s label. Label known for open-minded ideas and fast demo feedback. Great people with really nice approach to the artists. Label with mass success, big releases and profesional team. Definitely another great choice for newcomers.
- Ensis Records, one of the biggest East European EDM labels. They are focused on promoting high quality dance bombs and their producers. They can commend themselves for discovering and offering early support and promotion for artists like Kygo, Rudy Zensky, Adventurer and many more. Definitely an label for newcomers to check out and send their demos to.
- Fantik Records is focused on bringing the best upcoming producers and showcase their talent. We started Fantik Records on late October 2011. and are open-mindedly focused to bringing your music up front and giving you as an artist and your music best promotion currently possible. We’ve ourself released our track “Baracuda” on Fantik, and made really nice results. Also we are open for every kind of music you like to produce. We won’t judge. Send us your demos! Also we offer services of mixing and mastering, also services like co- production or even ghost production. We have small but experienced army of producers with great edm ghost producer knowledge who are ready to take your demos to another level. Feel free to contact us anytime here!
In the next post we will talk more in depth how to compose right e-mail to approach big labels. Without too many unnecessary information and some tips and tricks.
Hope we helped at least a bit with information and experience shared with you. For more information and advices feel free to contact us!
Happy producing and good luck with your dreams. We believe in you!
Also if you need FL projects, we recently made remake of FISHER’s “Losing It”. Check it out on our YouTube Channel.